Five e-gov winners
- By Jason Miller
- Feb 21, 2003
John Marshall, CIO of the Agency for International Development, presents an Excellence.Gov award to Polli Brunelli, director of the Federal Voting Assistance Program, for DOD's Voting over the Internet project.
Henrik G. DeGyor
Five agency e-government projects this month received best-in-show recognition out of 25 finalists for the Excellence.Gov awards sponsored by the CIO Council, the Industry Advisory Council and E-Gov at the Web-Enabled Conference in Washington.
The winners are:
- The Defense Department's Voting over the Internet project. It lets citizens overseas cast absentee ballots from any computer with Internet access.
- The Health and Human Services Department's Administration for Children and Families' Federal Parent Locator Service.
- The Navy Department's eBusiness Pilot Project. The Navy program funds short-term eBusiness projects including the AutoREAD and Appointment Desk programs.
- The Postal Service's eFleet Card System. This system automated and centralized credit card and invoice payment processes.
- The Bureau of Transportation Statistics' TranStats portal project.