Protests over HUD's HITS aren't over yet
- By Mary Mosquera
- Aug 30, 2004
Lockheed Martin Corp. has filed a protest with the Government Accountability Office of the latest award of the $750 million Housing and Urban Affairs Department IT infrastructure contract to EDS Corp. The contract, awarded earlier this month, is the result of a recompetition after the original award was protested.
The protest bid is a replay of actions Lockheed Martin took last year after HUD initially awarded the contract to EDS.
Lockheed Martin appealed based on 'HUD's unreasonable evaluation findings, the agency's failure to provide meaningful pre-award discussions and its failure to negate improper advantages EDS gained during transition activities conducted under the first, improperly-awarded contract,' Lockheed Martin spokeswoman Nettie Johnson said in a statement.
'We submitted the superior solution not once but twice,' said EDS spokesman Kevin Clarke, adding, 'We will do those things necessary to come to a resolution.'
A HUD spokesman said he could not comment on ongoing litigation. GAO is expected to rule on the protest in mid-November.
Mary Mosquera is a reporter for Federal Computer Week.