And the winners are...
Innovators take top honors as GCN editors choose Best of FOSE 2007
FOSE 2007, the government's largest gathering of information technology professionals, proved once again to be a major showcase for the introduction of new technology products and innovations.
More than 100 high technology companies submitted new products in the annual GCN Best of FOSE Awards program. Seventeen products from 16 companies received the distinguished award across a wide range of technology categories. One product, the second generation Opteron Processor from Advanced Micro Devices, was chosen as the overall Best of Show. The awards are judged by the GCN Lab staff and the technology editors of GCN and Washington Technology for outstanding technology advancement and innovation.
'The federal government spends more than $75 billion annually on information technology, so industry pays close attention. This made choosing this year's Best of FOSE products very difficult,' said Wyatt Kash, editor in chief of GCN. 'The editors looked for product innovation particularly suited to the public sector, and we were not disappointed. Participating companies showcased new ways for government to operate more efficiently, safeguard our country and move our national agenda forward.'
Category award recipients were:
- Best in Show | Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Opteron Processor
- Data Management Software | American Power Conversion (APC)InfraStruXure Central v4.0
- Desktop Computer | Hewlett-Packard dc5750 Microtower PC
- Displays | NEC LCD2690WUXi LCD monitor
- Enterprise Hardware | Gateway E-9722R Server
- Enterprise Systems | Hewlett-Packard Neoview
- Handheld | Research in Motion Blackberry 8800
- Network Administration Software | Splunk Splunk
- Notebook Computer | Motorola ML910 Rugged Notebook
- Printer | Xerox Phaser 8560MFP Printer
- Scanner | Kodaki1860 Scanner
- Security Hardware | CPR Tools DefenDisk
- Security Peripherals | MXI SecurityStealth MXP
- Security Software | BioPassword, BioPassword Inc.
- Software | Microsoft Windows Vista
- Storage | Isilon Systems Isilon IQ
- Videoconferencing | Codian MCU 4500 Voice and Video Bridge
Owned and operated by 1105 Government Information Group, FOSE 2007 takes place on Tuesday'Thursday, March 20'22, at the Washington Convention Center. For more information, visit www.FOSE.com