Bill Vass, President of Sun Microsystems Federal
President, Sun Microsystems Federal
1. Desktop virtualization and thin clients -- Power savings, administration savings, hardware and software savings, all while increasing security means that thin is in.
2. Data center virtualization and cloud computing - Supporting hundreds of applications and several operating systems in a single system or cloud service seems fiscally prudent.
3. Open source – Cheaper plus choice plus secure equals the big move to open source, finally!
4. SOA – Service-oriented architecture is the foundation for IT innovation.
5. ID management – Automated auditing with centralized security and audit policies are critical to implementing a 21st century IT enterprise.
Connect with the GCN staff on Twitter @GCNtech.