Patrick Finn, Cisco's federal business
Cisco federal business
Government agencies have an opportunity to use technology to be more productive, effective and efficient as they deliver value. Government has the opportunity to drive innovation in these five critical areas:
- Collaboration tools that share voice, video, and data securely across agencies between the right people, anywhere, at the right time.
- Virtualization technology that redefines the data center, increasing flexibility and security while dynamically reallocating resource and computing power.
- Mobility technologies that give workers greater flexibility and improve productivity by securely connecting people with tools, information, and each other, while making them less dependent on location or restricted by time.
- Security that is embedded in tools and technology to protect our nation from increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks.
- Carbon savings and energy efficiency tools that in 2009 will become regarded as technologies on par with these others, with Government scaling this effort internally and across the private sector.