Managed service can help organizations meet HIPAA privacy rules
Health care organizations looking to comply with the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act have a new option in the recently released HIPAA Essential from StillSecure.
The solution provides the technology, expert personnel and certified processes to comply with many HIPAA HITECH requirements and is the only packaged managed security solution with third-party audited and approved security services, the company said.
The HITECH Act was passed in 2009 to broaden and strengthen the privacy protections of the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It also increased the penalties for data breaches.
With HIPAA Essential, which has been independently audited by Coalfire Systems, customers will inherit the solution’s controls and certification, and receive semi-annual security posture reviews by StillSecure security experts
In order to comply with the statute, StillSecure HIPAA Essential includes the following managed services:
- Intrusion detection and prevention system (IDPS)
- SSL and IPSec virtual private network
- Multi-factor authentication
- Internal vulnerability scanning
- External vulnerability scanning
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- File integrity monitoring (FIM)
- Security event log management (SELM) and monitoring
Connect with the GCN staff on Twitter @GCNtech.