Federal telework to-do list
The Telework Enhancement Act is calling agencies to set up telework policies and programs by June 9
The Telework Enhancement Act, signed by President Barack Obama in December 2010, called on agencies to set up the following telework policies and programs by June 9.
- Establish a policy authorizing eligible employees to telework.
- Determine the eligibility of all employees of the agency to participate in telework and notify employees of their eligibility status.
- Require a written telework agreement between employees and managers to ensure that telework does not diminish employee or agency performance.
- Provide an interactive telework training program, to be completed prior to the signing of the telework agreement, to employees eligible to participate in telework and their managers.
- Require that each executive agency shall incorporate telework into its continuity-of-operations plan.