The ins and outs of security management design
A service provider’s method for collecting, maintaining and dispensing reliable information about programs and services throughout the information lifecycle.
Value to business
An effective knowledge management practice ensures:
1. Improved efficiency of other program and service management process by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
2. More effective decision-making through timely access to supporting information.
Key performance indicators
- Total number of active users
- Number of entries in all knowledge repositories
- Number of incremental addition
- Knowledge rankings
- Number of entries with pending edits or flagged for review
- System utilization statistics
- User reports of knowledge use
Costs and benefits of use
- Maintenance cost
- Estimated reduction in staff time savings through reduced transaction costs