Sale wouldn't affect PeopleSoft federal certification
- By Wilson P. Dizard III
- Dec 09, 2004
PeopleSoft Corp.'s financial software currently bears a mandatory government stamp of approval.
The Joint Financial Management Improvement Program earlier this year certified the Pleasanton, Calif., company's Enterprise Financial Management Solutions 8.8 as a core federal financial application. The software is in use at about 25 agencies .
Steve Balsam, chief of testing for JFMIP, said the PeopleSoft certification is valid until 2007.
'Right now, the PeopleSoft software meets all our requirements, and as long as they continue to meet the requirements, that certificate is good,' Balsam said.
The Office of Management and Budget earlier this month shifted responsibility for approving financial software from JFMIP to the Chief Financial Officers Council.
Besides the PeopleSoft software, six other financial packages are approved for federal use:
- Altimate Version 3.0 from Savantage Solutions Inc. of Rockville, Md.
- iCore Version 2.0 from Digital Systems Group Inc. of Warminster, Pa.
- Integrated Financial Management Information Systems Version 6.0 from Digital Systems Group Inc. of Warminster, Pa.
- Momentum Financials Version 5.1 from CGI Group Inc. of Montreal
- mySAP ERP 2004 Edition from SAP America Inc. of Newtown Square, Pa.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Version 11I from Oracle Corp.