Government Leader expands with new website, e-letter
- By Wyatt Kash
- Aug 17, 2005
Washington'Government leaders have a new resource for practical management ideas and collaboration practices. Government Leader, the new magazine launched earlier this year by PostNewsweek Tech Media, now offers a growing roster of insightful management stories, profiles and practical leadership tips online, at GovernmentLeader.com
, like Government Leader, will explore how everyday leaders'charged with managing federal acquisition programs, government finances, technology initiatives and a workforce numbering in the millions'solve tough problems, overcome challenges and improve operations inside the world's largest enterprise. It also provides insightful commentary and practical tips on managing the business of government.
Among the most recent stories featured on the site:
- How Labor Department CFO Sam Mok is overhauling the department's financial management structure'
- How cash-strapped agencies are making headway with public-private partnerships to leverage taxpayer dollars
- How DFAS combined Six-Sigma and usability tests to slash call center costs and improve internal customer service
- Survival Tips for when the Office of Management and Budget calls to review your 2007 budget request
- What Robert Lamb, Interior Department senior adviser for policy, management and budget, has learned about practical leadership.
In addition to the new Web site, Government Leader and GovernmentLeader.com
will begin publishing a supplemental e-newsletter, initially on a monthly basis, with briefer stories on management, collaboration, practical leadership and best business practices.GovernmentLeader.com
and Government Leader are published by PostNewsweek Tech Media, which also publishes Government Computer News and Washington Technology. For more information, contact editorial director Wyatt Kash at (202) 772-2540 (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or managing editor Richard Walker at (202) 772-2584 (email@example.com
). For advertising information, contact associate publisher Dan Arnold at (202) 772-5724 (firstname.lastname@example.org
Wyatt Kash served as chief editor of GCN (October 2004 to August 2010) and also of Defense Systems (January 2009 to August 2010). He currently serves as Content Director and Editor at Large of 1105 Media.