Senate seeks vendors for telecom modernization
- By Rob Thormeyer
- Oct 18, 2005
The Senate is seeking qualified bidders as it begins a project to overhaul its existing telecommunications system.
In a recent notice
, the Senate Office of the Sergeant at Arms said it is looking to transition from its Time Division Multiplex voice network-managed solution to one based on Internet Protocol Telephony (IPT). Responses are due Oct. 31.
Under the Senate's telecommunications modernization project, the winning vendor will be expected to:
- Review the existing infrastructure design and suggest modifications to the IPT
- Develop an IPT-enabled network architecture
- Install and test necessary hardware and software
- Conduct the transition from the old to the new system and
- Provide operation support and training for the new system.