Senate mulls document management system
- By Rob Thormeyer
- Aug 25, 2006
The Senate is seeking commercially available software that will help the chamber's Sergeant-at-Arms manage purchase orders, invoices and other financial-management documents.
In a recent notice
, the Sergeant-at-Arms said it intends to acquire and implement a document management system for roughly $300,000.
To qualify for consideration, interested contractors should provide details about their products, including their technical support abilities, by Sept. 6.
The system should:
- create electronic documents using scanners
- organize and maintain electronic documents
- provide security
- provide e-mail notifications of activities
- provide hyperlinking of documents and other files
- provide multiple search features and
- provide robust reporting capabilities.