Army issues draft support services RFP
- By Kerri Hostetler
- Dec 08, 2006
The Army earlier this month released a draft request for proposals for its nearly $1 billion Program Management Support Services-2 contract. Vendors have until Dec. 15 to comment on the draft statement of objectives for PMSS-2.
Kevin Carroll, head of the Army's Program Executive Office, Enterprise Information Systems, said his office plans to release the final RFP in January and make awards between April and June.
Under the draft RFP, PEO EIS expects to obtain program management, advisory and consulting services, which include analyses of management, cost and programmatic issues, the document said.
The nine functional areas are:
- Program/project/product management
- Business process re-engineering
- Information systems security
- Contingency planning
- Physical security
- Enterprise design, integration and consolidation
- Systems operation and maintenance
- Integrated logistics support
- Other IT-related services. The draft RFP said the Army intends to award at least two and as many as five indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contracts.