Turnkey VDI solution debuts
NCS Technologies Inc. introduced an end-to-end virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution that includes a data center appliance, network management software and zero clients for desktop and laptop PCs. For enterprises and government, the company said, the virtual solution reduces costs, improves security and eases IT administration.
The elements of the end-to-end solution include:
- NexServ XRV-5282 data center appliance, which combines tiered storage, computer and high performance networking hardware in a single box.
- Cirrus DT zero client virtual portals, a family of access devices that deliver a complete PC experience for up to four screens on one desk.
- Cirrus LT, the industry’s first mobile zero client laptop, with docking station, battery and Wi-Fi capability.
- Client management software, such as VMware Horizon View
- Industry standard hardware
“Each element of our end-to-end VDI solution is ‘best-in-class’,” said Mike Turicchi, NCS chief product officer. “Our new data center appliance is built with high-performance storage, networking and graphics virtualization.”
The Cirrus LT PCoIP zero client laptop is based on Teradici PCoIP technology, which compresses, encrypts and encodes the entire computing experience at the data center and transmits only pixels across the IP network. Users have fully functional, effortless access to all applications – in a highly secure environment.