Defense Logistics Agency wants an enterprise GIS solution
- By Mark Pomerleau
- Aug 03, 2015
The Defense Logistics Agency is researching an enterprise geospatial information system, or eGIS that would integrate data from multiple sources and non-geospatial information, display the information and provide situational awareness/ and reporting.
DLA envisions the eGIS providing up to date information to up to 500 users while assisting in several decision making processes, including:
- Managing infrastructure and property
- Planning for contingency operations
- Tracking logistics routing
- Supporting disaster response
- Strengthening emergency services capabilities
Responses to the request for information are due by Aug. 26. Responders must be prepared to provide a live demonstration.
Mark Pomerleau is a former editorial fellow with GCN and Defense Systems.